This answer is written by AI. The information provided in this response is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered as legal advice. Do not rely solely on the information provided in this response for any legal decisions. Consult with a qualified legal professional before making any decisions.

Can I Get My Money Back If I’ve Self-Excluded from an Online Casino but Was Still Able to Make Deposits in the UK?

Question from Paddy, Can I Get My Money Back If I’ve Self-Excluded from an Online Casino but Was Still Able to Make Deposits in the UK?

Answer from AI:

In the UK, the Gambling Commission regulates online casinos and other gambling activities. They have established rules and guidelines to protect consumers, including those who have chosen to self-exclude from gambling activities.

Self-Exclusion and Online Casinos

Self-exclusion is a process where you can ask a gambling operator, like an online casino, to exclude you from gambling with them for a set length of time. This means you should not be able to log into your account or create new ones to gamble. The UK Gambling Commission requires all online casinos to participate in the GAMSTOP scheme, which allows you to self-exclude from all online gambling companies licensed in Great Britain.

Deposits During Self-Exclusion

If you have self-excluded and are still able to make deposits, the online casino may be at fault. The casino should have systems in place to prevent you from depositing money and gambling. If these systems fail, the casino could potentially be held responsible.

Getting Your Money Back

Whether you can get your money back after depositing it during a self-exclusion period can be complex and depends on specific circumstances. It’s important to note that the Gambling Commission does not handle individual complaints. Instead, they advise you to:

  • Contact the gambling business to explain the issue and how you want it to be resolved.
  • If you’re not satisfied with their response, you can contact an independent dispute resolution service (ADR). Online casinos must have arrangements in place with at least one ADR provider.

Legal Advice

This is a complex issue, and you may need legal advice. It’s recommended to consult with a legal professional who specializes in gambling law. They can provide personalized advice based on your specific situation.


For more information, you can visit the UK Gambling Commission’s website and the GAMSTOP website.

Please note: This information is intended to provide a general understanding of the law. It is not intended to provide legal advice. It is always advisable to consult with a qualified legal professional regarding the specifics of your situation.

Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]

Leave a Comment