This answer is written by AI. The information provided in this response is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered as legal advice. Do not rely solely on the information provided in this response for any legal decisions. Consult with a qualified legal professional before making any decisions.

How Can I Address Issues with My Section 120 Notice Response?

Question from Ricky, How Can I Address Issues with My Section 120 Notice Response?

Answer from AI:

If you’re dealing with issues related to your response to a Section 120 notice in the UK, it’s important to understand what steps you can take to ensure your story is fully heard and considered. A Section 120 notice, often referred to in the context of immigration, is a statement of additional grounds for appeal or an opportunity to provide more information to the Home Office.

Understanding Section 120 Notices

A Section 120 notice is part of the UK’s immigration process. It’s a formal request from the Home Office for additional information that could affect the decision on your immigration status. This could be in relation to an initial application, an appeal, or even after a decision has been made.

Steps to Take if Your Response Was Not Fully Recorded

  1. Review the Official Guidance: Make sure you understand the purpose of the Section 120 notice and what information you are expected to provide. The UK government’s official guidance can help clarify this.
  2. Prepare a Comprehensive Written Statement: If you feel that your oral interview did not capture your full story, prepare a detailed written statement. Include all relevant information and evidence that supports your case.
  3. Submit Additional Evidence: Along with your written statement, you can submit any additional evidence that you believe is pertinent to your case. This could include documents, expert reports, or witness statements.
  4. Request a Review: If you believe there has been an error or oversight, you can request a review of your case. Explain clearly and concisely why you believe the initial interview was inadequate and provide your full written statement and evidence.
  5. Seek Legal Advice: It may be beneficial to consult with an immigration lawyer or advisor who can help you navigate the process and ensure that your information is presented effectively.
  6. Contact the Home Office: If you have new information or need to correct an error, contact the Home Office directly. Provide them with your full written response to the Section 120 notice.

When to Seek Legal Advice

It’s often advisable to seek legal advice when dealing with immigration matters, especially if you feel that your case has not been handled fairly or correctly. An immigration lawyer can provide personalized advice and may be able to advocate on your behalf.

  • A lawyer can help you draft a comprehensive response to the Section 120 notice.
  • They can also assist you in gathering and presenting additional evidence.
  • If necessary, they can represent you in communications with the Home Office or in any appeals process.

Additional Resources

For more information on immigration procedures and your rights, you can refer to resources provided by organizations such as the Citizens Advice Bureau or the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC).


If you feel that your response to a Section 120 notice has not been fully recorded or considered, it’s important to act promptly and decisively. Prepare a detailed written statement, submit any additional evidence, and consider seeking legal advice to ensure your case is presented effectively. Remember, while general guidelines can be helpful, they cannot replace personalized legal advice tailored to your specific situation.

Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]

Leave a Comment