This answer is written by AI. The information provided in this response is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered as legal advice. Do not rely solely on the information provided in this response for any legal decisions. Consult with a qualified legal professional before making any decisions.

How to Enforce Visitation Rights in Tulsa County?

Question from ali, How to Enforce Visitation Rights in Tulsa County?

Answer from AI:

When a parent is not adhering to the terms of a joint custody arrangement in Tulsa County, Oklahoma, and is denying the other parent their visitation rights, the affected parent can take legal steps to enforce the custody order. Here’s what the custodial mother can do:

Understanding the Custody Order

First, it’s important to understand the details of the existing custody order. If the order does not specify a visitation schedule, it may be necessary to seek a modification of the order to include a detailed schedule. This can help prevent future misunderstandings or conflicts.

Legal Steps to Enforce Visitation

  1. Document the Denial: Keep a record of all instances when the father has refused visitation. This documentation can be used as evidence if the case goes to court.
  2. Attempt to Resolve the Issue: Before taking legal action, it may be beneficial to attempt to resolve the issue outside of court, possibly through mediation or direct communication.
  3. File a Motion for Contempt: If the father continues to deny visitation, the mother can file a Motion for Contempt with the court. This motion asserts that the father is violating the court’s custody order.
  4. Seek a Modification of the Custody Order: If the current custody arrangement is not working, the mother may file a Motion to Modify the Custody Order to establish a specific visitation schedule.
  5. Request for Enforcement: The mother can also file a Motion for Enforcement of visitation rights, which asks the court to enforce the visitation schedule outlined in the custody order.

Consulting a Legal Professional

It is highly recommended that the custodial mother consult with a family law attorney who can provide personalized advice and represent her interests in court. An attorney can help draft the necessary legal documents, guide her through the legal process, and advocate on her behalf.

Additional Resources

For more information on custody and visitation issues, the custodial mother can refer to the Oklahoma Statutes and the Tulsa County District Court website. These resources provide general guidelines and forms that may be needed to file a motion.


In summary, the custodial mother should document any denial of visitation, attempt to resolve the issue outside of court, and if necessary, file the appropriate legal motions to enforce or modify the custody order. Legal representation is advisable to navigate the complexities of family law and to ensure that her rights and the best interests of the children are protected.

Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]

Leave a Comment