This answer is written by AI. The information provided in this response is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered as legal advice. Do not rely solely on the information provided in this response for any legal decisions. Consult with a qualified legal professional before making any decisions.

What Evidence is Required for a UK Spousal Visa Application for a Couple Married for 3 Years Customarily and 2 Months Officially?

Question from Calvin, What Evidence is Required for a UK Spousal Visa Application for a Couple Married for 3 Years Customarily and 2 Months Officially?

Answer from AI:

When applying for a UK spousal visa, the UK government requires certain evidence to prove the legitimacy of the relationship and marriage. This applies whether the marriage is customary or official. The evidence required can vary depending on the specifics of the situation, but generally includes:

  • Proof of a genuine and subsisting relationship
  • Proof of meeting the financial requirement
  • Proof of adequate accommodation in the UK
  • Proof of English language proficiency

Proof of a Genuine and Subsisting Relationship

The UK government requires evidence that the relationship is genuine and ongoing. This can include:

  • Marriage certificate: This is required to prove the official marriage. In your case, since you’ve been officially married for 2 months, you should provide your marriage certificate.
  • Proof of cohabitation: This can include joint bank statements, utility bills, or a lease agreement showing both names.
  • Communication evidence: This can include emails, text messages, or call logs to show ongoing communication.
  • Photos together: Photos from your wedding or other events can help prove your relationship.

Proof of Meeting the Financial Requirement

The UK government requires that the UK sponsor (the person already living in the UK) earns a minimum income of £18,600 per year or has enough savings. Evidence can include:

  • Payslips
  • Bank statements
  • Employment contract

Proof of Adequate Accommodation in the UK

You must provide evidence of suitable accommodation in the UK. This can include:

  • A lease agreement
  • A letter from a landlord
  • Mortgage statements

Proof of English Language Proficiency

Unless exempt, the applicant must prove they can speak and understand English. This can be done by passing an English language test from an approved provider or having an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognized by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree or above.

Please note: This is a general guide and the exact evidence required may vary depending on your specific circumstances. It is recommended to consult with a legal professional for personalized advice. For more information, you can visit the UK government’s official website.

Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]

Leave a Comment